Cruelty Reporting

North Country Animal League maintains a hotline for cruelty complaints.

If you witness animal cruelty or neglect in Lamoille County, please call NCAL to make a report at

(802) 888-5065, ext. 105

If you get an answering machine, please leave a message and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible. If the animal is in immediate danger, please contact the Vermont State Police at (802) 229-9191.

After calling the police, please call NCAL so that we may follow up on the situation and make sure it has been resolved.

Learn more about animal cruelty in Vermont or your location:

Reporting animal cruelty

Providing Temporary Care

If you are willing and able to provide temporary care to an animal in the event of an emergency, seizure, or surrender, please email NCAL.

Isn't it time to find your next best friend?